There’s still time to enter for a chance at $1,000
The on-campus essay contest theme is civility. The winner will take home $1,000. Second prize is $700 and third prize is $300. Winners will be announced at the end of the semester at an award ceremony. The essay is on the topic of civility in today’s society and the guidelines are as follows:
- Essay must be on the theme of civility.
- All entrants must be enrolled at City College fall 2011 or spring 2012 semesters.
- One entry per student.
- Must be the sole work of the entrant.
- Essay must be between 800 and 1,500 words.
- Essay must be typed and double-spaced.
- Essay must have a stapled cover sheet with the entrant’s name, mailing address, email address, phone number, essay title, and word count.
According to the contest’s information page on the City College website, entries can be turned in to Rodda South 226. The information page also notes that past winners have included both personal essays and essays based on research.
To view the essay prompt and more information on the contest, visit the SCC website or contact City College English professor Maureen Dana with any other questions or concerns at email@example.com or (916) 650-2962.